Website Brookfield Renewable
Join one of the largest renewable owners, operators and developers in the U.S., delivering innovative, renewable power solutions that accelerate the world towards a sustainable, low-carbon future. With current U.S. assets under management valued at $20 billion and over 190 utility-scale renewable energy generating facilities located across 34 states, Brookfield Renewable U.S. offers a multitude of career opportunities. Our dynamic organization is focused on our mission to optimize and drive value across our renewable energy portfolio, advancing the transition to a sustainable, clean energy future. Our value also extends well beyond the clean energy we produce. From our extensive renewable power fleet we make positive economic, social and environmental impacts in the communities where we live and work.
Brookfield Renewable U.S. attracts high-performing individuals who are driven to make an impact in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. We encourage collaboration across all levels of experience to promote learning, generate best ideas, and deliver quality results, with the aim for growth and career development. We offer unparalleled opportunity to lead and manage one of the largest renewable energy businesses with decades of history, while contributing to the global need for sustainable energy.
The Senior Paralegal will provide support to lawyers in the US legal team in the following main areas: (i) complex M&A and financing transactions; (ii) corporate work and maintenance of Brookfield Renewable’s legal entities in the United States; and (iii) general support on operational matters and other matters handled by the U.S. legal team. More specifically, the Senior Paralegal will include the following responsibilities:
- Acting as the lead paralegal on transactions by assisting internal legal counsel with due diligence including gathering, reviewing and summarizing information and agreements, preparing and populating virtual data rooms, preparing schedules to agreements and responding to counterparty questions;
- Interacting with various internal business unit(s) and outside counsel as required throughout the transaction to assist in managing the transaction;
- Drafting and working with outside counsel to review resolutions and other corporate closing documents such as officer’s certificates for financing and M&A transactions;
- Coordinating deliverables for closings and dealing with post-closing matters;
- Managing legal entities and records in good standing, including upkeep of corporate databases and organizational charts;
- Acting as the lead paralegal on corporate reorganizations and special projects by liaising with members of the tax team, preparing closing agendas, drafting documents and coordinating deliverables for closings;
- Maintaining minute books and corporate entity database for U.S. entities, creation/dissolution of entities, preparing various resolutions (annual resolutions, dividends, capital contributions, transfer of interests, special approvals, etc.), completing corporate filings;
- Researching and analyzing corporate law matters;
- Coordinating director & officer slate changes and draft necessary corporate and regulatory documents;
Operational and other business matters
- Assisting internal legal counsel with various operational matters handled by the US legal group such as contract review & drafting, legal research and policy drafting and implementation;
- Developing and maintaining procedures for contractual, regulatory and legislative compliance tracking and monitoring;
- Developing and maintaining precedents for standard corporate commercial documentation;
- Providing recommendations and solutions following review and analysis of legal documents;
- Playing a central role in the improvement of business processes.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment, to adapt quickly to changing priorities and to work under tight deadlines;
- A strong collaborator and team-player with demonstrated success in building relationships across an organization;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with all organizational levels;
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills and strong attention to detail;
- Excellent planning, time management, and organizational skills;
- Resourceful, confident and independent self-starter.
- Paralegal diploma or equivalent education/experience;
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience as a paralegal supporting lawyers on complex corporate/commercial transactions such as financing and M&A transactions and handling corporate matters in a fast-paced and dynamic law firm or in-house environment;
- Familiarity with fundamental trading contract forms, like EEIs, ISDAs and NAESBs, and knowledge of corporate and commercial law plus but not required
Excellent knowledge of corporate and commercial law;
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook as well as knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint;
- Strong drafting skills with legal drafting expertise;
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.